torstai 10. joulukuuta 2009

It is never too late

One special evening with my good friend. With other friends and Christmas music. We spend that night together and talked about life. What else. One evening with hot coffee, with irish mix. One evening - one other story to remember, one book, one good things to remember. Thank you Tuula!

Joyce is an Australian photographer specialized in wild life.

"When I turned 60 I felt that life was over for me," she says. My children were grown up and my grandchildren no longer paid much attention to me. One day I decided to accompany my son to the central desert in Australia. We camped, and since there was nothing to do and no-one nearby, I decided to get drunk for the first time in my life. After the second glass I grabbed a video camera and began to film. I filmed the sky, the tent, everything I felt like filming. But I was so drunk that I fell on the ground with the camera. I lay there for a few instants and noticed a line of ants walking beside me. It was as if I could hear their steps, as if that was part of a world that I had never noticed. I filmed the ants walking, and I discovered my vocation."

When we had this chat some years ago, Joyce was 71 years old. P. Coelho.

1 kommentti: